On Thursday October 15, 2015, in conjunction with Archtober and New York Archives Week, the Guggenheim will host its third Wikipedia edit-a-thon – to enhance articles related to women in architecture on Wikipedia. The Guggenheim aims to further the goals of Ada Lovelace Day for STEM, and Art+Feminism for art, in a field that, by its nature combines both. The Guggenheim will work alongside ArchiteXX, the founders of WikiD: Women Wikipedia Design #wikiD, the international education and advocacy program working to increase the number of Wikipedia articles on women in architecture and the built environment.
New and experienced editors are welcome. The event will include a training session for participants who are new to Wikipedia and Wikipedia specialists will be on hand to provide basic instruction and editing support.
Can’t join us in New York? Visit our global partnerships page to discover an edit-a-thon in a city near you or simply join remotely.
- Title: Wikipedia Edit-a-thon: Women in Architecture
- Website: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC#Likely_attendees
- Organizers: Guggenheim / ArchiteXX
- From: October 15, 2015 12:00 PM
- Until: October 15, 2015 08:00 PM
- Venue: Guggenheim Museum
- Address: 1071 Fifth Avenue (at 88th Street entrance) New York, NY