- Architects: CHP Arquitectos
- Location: Lisboa, Portugal
- Project Year: 2014
- Photographs: Francisco Nogueira
- Foundations And Structures: Engª. Joana Almeida Ribeiro
- Building Systems: Engº Manuel Fanica / Artur Paixão
- Gas: “About Buildings”
- Mechanical, Thermal, Acoustics: : Engº Bruno Anastacio – Arqª Cristina Nobre
- Plumbing: Pentta Green
- Landscape: Arq. Nuno Mota
- Lighting: LIGHT DESIGN PORTUGAL
- General Contractors: Engº João Ribeiro (EJR -Sociedade Técnica de Projetos e Construções Lda )
From the architect. The intervention involves the recovery / expansion of an existing building in the historic district of Lisbon.
The vernacular features of the facade were recovered and were clarified.
Inside, the purpose was to free up space, enhancing its scale and the relationship between the different facades and natural light.
The core solves the technical aspects inherent to a contemporary family house.
The interior facade recovers the rhythmic design traditional in the Lisbon balconies.
Simple space, full of light, highlighting the importance that is given to details and selection of materials.
Source: House in Rato / CHP Arquitectos